Saturday, June 27, 2020

Two years later.....I'm back!!

Looks like it takes the world going COVID/BLM/politics/masks crazy for me to finally close my FB account to get back to blogging! The drama is just too much for this girl who stopped watching the news years ago as the media outlets thrive on drama and I see right through their BS.  To now have drama on my fun "see friends kids and daily lives" FB threads isn't good for my mental wellness....so I deactivated my account. At least until after the elections....and maybe longer? I have to admit that one of my favorite FB features has become the "memory" section that pops up every day (that remind me of Molly stories that I shared that I have already forgotten by the next year). So to be able to look back and recall the baby steps that my girl continues to make, I need to record them here.

So I'm back...2 years later!! This is a theme isn't it?

Molly is now 23 years old. We continue to use the label "non verbal" as she really doesn't have language to communicate with though she DOES have a number of spoken words. Mostly she just repeats what we say instead of actually answering a question or initiating conversation. She still sucks at using her "talker" (augmentative device that she has used since 5th grade). Though the device is handy when we have NO clue what she is trying to convey. Her one word responses help (most of the time).

Today I'm going to give you a few quick pictures of life since last fall.  I'll dive into more in depth stories about how Molly is coping since COVID locked us down and she hasn't been to her day program since March.

Molly loves when her high school friends invite her to see them play college volleyball. She has worn this t-shirt threadbare since then!

Jack finished his first marathon (and probably his last one).


Jack's surprise 21st birthday present. He loved it!

"Cookie" in her Wellspring play production.


Highs school friends home over break take Molly to a movie!

Zoom painting class during Covid.

Another friend took her on a hike and then to Dutch Bros!

Chilling in the hammock

Another way to pass the new "no schedule" schedule.

YAY that the pool has opened! And she can stay in during "Adult swim".

Patiently waiting for Jack to finish that yogurt so she can recycle it :)

Pedicure. Wore the mask but it came off quickly!
So as you can see....there is a lot to fill you in on and I really look forward to writing again. How has Molly handled this weird new unscheduled life? How many meltdowns has she had? How many have I had? ;) How has life been with her brother unexpectedly home since Spring Break? What new OCD's does she have? Hint: my house is VERY clean! If you have questions, please ask as no topic is  off the table! See you again soon!! xo

No comments: