Saturday, January 7, 2017

The newly invented Carpet Therapy!

If you are my FB friend, there is really nothing new to read here but am feeling guilty that I haven't updated this blog in a month. What my FB friends don't know is that I have blog followers from Russia, France, Germany, Canada, Australia (family), Spain, UK, Ukraine, Romania and Bermuda. I have no idea how most of these folks found me....but hello out there!! I imagine that they are all touched by autism in some fashion and hopefully find hope when reading about Molly and our family?

Since my last post I have not been feeling the creative juices flowing. Hubby has battled shingles in his eye and his gout flare migrated from one ankle to the other which limited any Christmas skiing in the mountains. He has been around the house A LOT and that is really weird :) He's usually the guy that grabs Molly to go for a hike or Jack to hit the slopes. Not this month. Then Jack woke up a few days ago unable to move his neck or head, had a fever and debilitating headache so we headed to the ER. One spinal tap and CT scan later and he was cleared of meningitis (which was the fear). Just an ugly virus that has sidelined him from the lacrosse tournament this weekend as well as snowboarding in all the awesome new snow that has pounded Colorado's mountains. He is on the mend too so hopefully this family is back to 100% health soon.

Couple cute Molly stories from this month. We were up in the mountains over the holidays and Molly  had pulled out the game Uno and was playing by herself for over an hour. When I peeked in on her to check on her I said "Are you winning or losing?"(not really expecting an answer). She looked right at me and in all seriousness said (with her mouth) "Losing". That cracked me up. I always sensed that she was a grass is greener type...but maybe not?

Brooke and I are practical Christmas present givers to each other and that usually entails something that we need for the house. The carpet in our TV room has changed from a nice clean cream/white-ish color to a forever brown. We were waiting for Tucker to go before we replaced it as he was the main culprit of it's new hue. And maybe not enough carpet washing too? So we went shopping to see if we could agree on a new one. We took Molly. This is what she did the entire time we were in this carpet store.

See her feet?

She stood still as a statue between the carpets for over 10 minutes and miraculously didn't scare other shoppers as they flipped through the options :)

This is how she watches videos on her iPad since getting the new blanket for Christmas. Cozy.

We are heading out again shortly to check out a few more stores. I'll snap more pics if she does this again.

Happy New Year to all!!

No comments: