Monday, August 10, 2015

I'm back!!

Good grief, it has been 5 months since I last posted!!?? And I had vowed to be more consistent.  To briefly catch you up I worked 4 part time jobs: personal assistant to both a neuro surgeon and a 92 year old lady as well as a DNA cheek swabber in a couple medical offices to help out Brooke in his new job), Jack's Cheyenne Mountain lacrosse team went all the way to the state semi finals for the first time ever, Molly was nominated as Prom Queen and graduated from high school so we had a big party to celebrate, Jack played on a summer select lacrosse team, our inaugural Colorado Springs Children's Hospital event was a huge success (I helped coordinate the Family Festival part and this was my 4th job), we went on a really fun two week road trip through Wyoming, Idaho and Oregon and now we are getting ready for the new school year to begin and Molly's "job" through her transition program starts. There are MANY stories to pull from during that time and I hope to do that as I launch back into life with my sweet Molly and get myself writing again. Here are a few pictures from that time.


Spencer and Molly at the Broadmoor hotel for photos

The tired Queen after a fun night

Jack was able to walk Molly in for graduation

Was very touching to us all

Climb for Courage at Air Force Academy Falcon Stadium


We love watching you play!


Stay tuned for all the exciting highlights of hours at the Social Security office to get Molly SSI, where you think you will catch some deadly illness from the throngs of coughing people waiting for hours with you, as well as all the guardianship paperwork filled out for the courts and the paperwork complete for the Resource Exchange so that they can help with services for Molly since she has turned 18. Of course they are all asking the same things too. Yes, it's quite the process once your kid becomes an adult. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Don't worry, I'll throw in touching stories too, as well as a few ideas I have about community living, a children's book that she and I could do together, and how freaked out that we no longer have the teacher/para support that we have relied on for so long.


No comments: