Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Special Olympics State Basketball tournament 2016 in Denver

Brooke warming Molly up before the game. Trying to get her to catch a pass, then shoot.

There are weeks where I have SO many stories to tell. And then there are others, like this week, where my mind is blank. We even had two more Special Olympic Basketball games up in Denver for the State tournament this weekend, but I don't have anything to add to the sweetness that I posted about before. Same smiling Molly running up and down the court. Same generous teammates that congratulate each other and the other team when baskets are made. This time Molly DID catch a pass (instead of turning from it) and tallied a big 4 baskets from her strategic stance under the hoop. Girl is NAILS from there. They lost both of their games but she didn't seem to mind.

Now that Jack's lacrosse season has started, Molly is back in the stands listening to her music, bundled up for all Colorado conditions that are bound to come along. Hat, gloves, wind resistant coat, blanket on the legs, stadium chair to warm the tush, and of course her head phones and music playing in her ear. She happily sat between Grandma and me at his game vs Pine Creek last night, while her dad worked the penalty box on the field. She was beaming and I'm not sure what had her so happy? Maybe she loves lacrosse as much as I do.....but she wasn't watching the game? She kept eyeballing whichever teenager walked by....maybe seeing if she knew them? Like always, she puts her pretend hand phone to her ear while looking intently at me and I have to talk to her like she is having a conversation with a friend. She has a repertoire of 6 different kids who she likes to "talk" to. I am happy to do this a few times "Hi Alana. What are you up to? I'm here at Jack's lacrosse game." And just as quickly, Molly says "Nana" (which is Goodbye). She never wants to talk for long. :) But when the action is tough on the field and I don't want to be distracted, I tell her "Let's call them back AFTER the game. Goodbye". And she (luckily) seems appeased by this.  Not sure that I have ever remembered to call them back? ;)

Jack had a great game last night. They won 10-8. He scored two of the goals and his face offs were strong. Gosh, I love to watch him play. He is very competitive like his parents when it comes to sports. So he DOES snag the lame passes and he DOES fight for the ball....unlike his super sweet, passive sister. So I hope that I have a few more Molly stories as the season progresses cause right now it feels all about lacrosse. See you Wednesday at our first home game!! Go Indians!!

No comments: