Tuesday, October 13, 2015

No tag is safe in Molly's closet

You might have noticed that we have just given up and let Molly wear shirts and sweaters that have holes in them. Her hair is long enough that it mostly covers her de-tagging surgeries on every itchy clothing item that has them. More often than not, I buy cotton clothes that don't have tags, as those are her favorite.

These two, for example, she just cut the tag off and left the stitch of fabric. This is highly unusual and the method that I prefer as there are no outward holes and we can hand these down or donate to Goodwill once she outgrows them.





These two are the more common outcomes and the ones that I just shrug my shoulders over now. She finds scissors and attacks, even if I feel like I have gotten all the itchy parts out, she cuts out the remaining seam. These aren't even donation worthy now.



The only time I get upset about this behavior is when she has raided my closet and cut up one of MY favorite shirts. I like wearing my hair in a pony tail and don't want to have to cover up the holes :)


This is classic hyper sensitivity to texture. She gags over certain foods too. Some kids are toe walkers, others have a hard time transitioning from winter to summer; long sleeves to short sleeves, etc. Molly LOVES the weight of sofa cushions on top of her and dives deep into ball pits for the weight of those bearing down on her.

Do you have any de-taggers in your family?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We don't necessarily have de taggers - but my girls have had to grow to "love" wearing jeans. Maggie still does not like to have anything on her waist, near her waist or close to her waist.........so most of her pants (leggings, jeans, etc) bag just in the crotch area and make it look so attractive. I never thought I would be the Mom that would constantly say, pull up your pants. But, I am. Either we have the bag in the front or she has her crack showing. It was "cute" when she was 3, but at 11 years old and being taller than most adult women, it is not so cute any longer.

My girls now raid my closet and I am okay with it (sort of) but do not like it when I find my prized sweater in a ball on the floor of their room. I mean, really? A ball? come on now.

Kathy Bell said...

So fascinating isn't it...not wanting something around her waist? I would be saying "pull up your pants too". But then again who am I to judge as I could live in my yoga pants (and do) as they are SO comfy!!