Monday, October 20, 2014

Didn't see this coming!

Isn't the job thing supposed to get easier as you get older? Somehow that hasn't been the trajectory for my man Brooke. After 6 years in the orthopedic sales field and spending many hours in the OR (operating room) and working at the mercy of others schedules not set by him (the surgeons), he decided to move back into pharmaceutical sales where he had worked previously for GlaxoSmithkline and Purdue Pharma. A 401K, company car, health insurance, salary, paid vacation, plus commissions and control over his own schedule, were all things that he had not had since being self employed for the last 10 years! It all sounded great.

So this July, he accepted a position with inVentive (a contract sales force for the pharmaceutical company Mallinckrodt). He was back to selling pain drugs and enjoying it. And then he got the call 3 months later on Wednesday (the morning that I had just returned from Virginia) that Inventive had lost the contract with Mallinckrodt and the team had all lost their jobs. UGH!! Welcome home!

So here we are. I wish that  we could invite you all to a party. We could drink cold beverages on our new deck, watch the sunset, eat yummy food and brainstorm Brooke's next job. Since many of you live SO far away, we can have a virtual party here where you can throw out ideas and job offers. :)

He's funny and can make you laugh with his off color take you by surprise (but hilarious) jokes. Is there a job for that?

He's honest and ethical. We all need more of that. Just look in his eyes and you know it. The twinkle is my favorite part.

He's a great salesman who works hard and is there for anyone who needs him. Believe me, he wasn't home until late and left very early for years and it wasn't until a going away party for him from his last job that I heard all the nice things about his above and beyond efforts.

He's one of the best people that I know and he deserves a career that allows him to shine and provide for his family. A priority that he takes very seriously.

Plus Jack eats a lot as he's an (almost) 16 year old. And Molly can't support the family yet as she's still a bit clueless about her future. As for me.....I need a job too. Any ideas on that? :)
The family 

Jeeping

Jack's first skis.

Molly's first Halloween.

Our wedding day 1994.

Jack's summer lax.

Hiking with Molly and Tucker.

Working out with the best P90X style.
He's a keeper and a hard worker. Know anyone hiring........?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First off that sucks---- secondly I am putting on my thinking cap! Let's hope we can all come up with something great!

Kathy Bell said...

Something awesome is in the cards and I can't wait to see what it is Leigh!! Thanks for your forever support.

Unknown said...

I know something even better is coming Brooke's way. In the meantime, I bet that loving post made him feel blessed!

Kathy Bell said...

He made me delete a few things Sarah but I hope that he likes the effort? He hasn't hugged me for it yet but will when a sweet job comes through :) I appreciate your optimism!!